Digital Marketing has grown in continuation of development in the technology sector. All marketing with the help of electronic device or the internet falls under digital marketing. Such efforts are done to connect current and prospective customers through search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), content marketing, content automation, campaign marketing, e-commerce marketing, social media marketing, e-mail direct marketing. It is important for all businesses to leverage such digital advertising delivered through digital channels.
Trends in Digital marketing
– Change of technology in the world is taking the lead in digital marketing and brings more comfort for people. Today, everything is going digital like digital wallet, banking, entertainment, travel, healthcare, real estate, and more
– Voice Search is another important trend emerging in the digital world, the use of voice search and voice commands is increasing rapidly. Voice assistants are empowering mobile users with the ability to understand users’ own languages to access information online and do certain tasks
– Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Big Data tools help marketers to take more intelligent decisions to deliver more personalized campaigns to the target audience. Social media has been an important part of marketing plan for the past five years for global digital marketers
– Chatbot play a critical role in improving the customer experience and allow marketers to better engage with their audience
– Email marketing is getting smarter; marketers have started to care more about sending emails to subscribers who are active on their lists
– Companies use browser push notifications to reach their leads more effectively and communicate with their target segment in a more powerful way
In past years, the sale of small to mid-size digital marketing businesses has not been significant in the market. However, this trend has changed in recent years. Digital services/agencies reported to have entered into 145 M&A deals in the recent past. There is a growing trend among the traditional ad agencies to acquire digital competencies.
One of the key factors for many M&A deal failures is cultural mismatch in which buyers and sellers have different styles in work culture and principles. Using a business broker or M&A advisor with experience in the digital marketing space can help ensure that a transaction is structured in way to properly align risks and consideration to benefit the seller and protect the buyer. An effective business broker can also guide the parties in the due diligence process to ensure that sensitive information is protected throughout the process.
Keystone Business Advisors is a Los Angeles-based Business Brokerage and sell-side M&A Advisory firm specializing representing small and medium digital agencies with revenue up to $50 million.